Ainapyat Water Project, which is funded under the Kenya Devolution Support Program (KDSP) is set to be commissioned soon.
Once complete, the project will benefit hundreds of households and thousands of livestock in Metkei ward, Elgeyo Marakwet County.
Kamwosor Centre and Kamwosor Sub-County hospital will benefit from a borehole and Tugumoi institutions are among the areas to be covered by the project.
Scope of the works under the Ainapyat water project include;
– Two (2) boreholes drilled and equipped with a submersible pump and solar panels at Tugumoi Primary school (b/h) Yield-4.2M3/hr and Kamwosor health center B/H Yield-5M3/hr
– Extension of the height of the intake weir by 1.2M by 56M Width which will increase the water storage/retention capacity by 15 Million Liters at peak Capacity.
– Fencing of the intake and construction of 2 cattle troughs to serve the local neighboring community.
– Repair of the existing hydram
– Rising Main pipeline, 4″ HDPE from Intake to Kamwosor 8,932M/8.932KM.
– 180M G.I pipes 4″ at River crossings and Road crossings.
– 3 Airvalves and 2 Wash-outs on the mainline.
– Construction of Composite Filtration Unit of Discharge 20M3/day.
– Construction of 100M3 clear water Tank for storage and distribution of clean treated water.
– Distribution pipeline to various locations:
(a) Tilil Resort-Kapsergong 1000M.
(b) Hydram-Chebusie Tank 700M. 1 1/2″
(c) Kipsaos BH-existing line 300M. 2″
(d) Kamwosor Tank to Kamwosor health center
– Desilting of the Intake 7500M3 Volume.
– Environmental conservation around the intake and upstream.
– Fencing of the facilities in Kamwosor Center.
– Repair and rehabilitation of Chebusie Tank.