Social media, especially Twitter and Facebook, have fast become the new platform where politicians engage with the electorate – aside from physically meeting the people.
As we head to the 2022 general election campaign, these two platforms will play a key role in shaping opinion among voters, not only locally but also nationally.
We take a look at some of the most-followed Uasin Gishu Politicians.
Only two politicians in Uasin Gishu County have their official Twitter handles verified – Ainabkoi Member of Parliament William Chepkut and Governor Jackson Mandago.
However, when it comes to following, Soy Member of Parliament who is eying the gubernatorial seat in 2022 takes the lead, followed by his Kapseret counterpart Oscar Sudi.
- Caleb Kositany, MP Soy – 231k
- Oscar Sudi, MP Kapseret – 178k
- Bundotich Zedekia Kiprop (Buzeki), Governor aspirant, Uasin Gishu – 103k
- William Chepkut, MP Ainabkoi – 87.1k
- Gladys Boss Shollei, Woman Rep. Uasin Gishu – 82k followers
- Jackson Mandago, Governor Uasin Gishu – 40.8k followers
On Facebook, billionaire businessman Bundotich Zedekiah Kiprop alias Buzeki is the most followed among the Uasin Gishu politicians with over 394,000 (394k) followers, followed by Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi who has over 212,000 (212k) followers while Governor Jackson Mandago and Uasin Gishu County Assembly Speaker David Kiplagat, tied on third with over 106.1k followers.
Buzeki, Mandago, Kiplagat, and Kesses MP Dr. Swarup Mishra’s Facebook pages are verified.
- Bundotich Zedekia Kiprop (Buzeki), Governor aspirant, Uasin Gishu – 394k followers
- Oscar Sudi, MP Kapseret – 212k followers
- David Kiplagat, Speaker, Uasin Gishu County Assembly – 106k followers
- Jackson Mandago, Governor Uasin Gishu – 106k followers
- Dr Swarup Mishra, MP Kesses – 93k followers
- Arap Kemei, Senator aspirant, Uasin Gishu 70k followers
- Gladys Boss Shollei, Woman Rep. Uasin Gishu – 57k followers